This is my place to cover American Politics from my humble but ultimately correct viewpoint. Look here to find information on all Shades of Politics, Elections: Primary & General, Ballot Measures, and other Political chicanery. Consider this website a port of sanity in the great swirling media maelstrom that is Fox News. I encourage you to post your thoughts and engage in an intelligent dialogue our country desperately needs more of. (A very special Thank You to my good friend Professor Rick for his words & thoughts)




Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bachmann Hater Overdrive

I heard it from my friends about the things you said - Martin L. Gore

Last week Michelle Bachmann (R) MN congresswoman District 6 held a rally in Minneapolis to get her self re-elected. For beginners the entire House of Reps is voted in or out every 2 years. That = Constant campaigning. Who doesn't want that! FUN!

I have to be completely honest. I have 9 Blogs all cued and ready to go. I've been planning this Blog since December. I figured I would just tweak things here & there to be updated for that week. Let's face it, Politics is a cyclical. I know the cycle very well. That's why I started this blog to begin with. I know politics. I know it's nature. What has happened before always happens again. The political world truly fascinates me. I spend 5+ hours a day watching, reading, researching every last aspect of what I think is important to US. Not the U.S., US. All of us. Not just Americans. All of us. Human, Plant, Animal alike.

This first blog was going to be about CW Bachmann & Half term Gov Sarah Palin & their Vampire Fundraiser in MN last week. Everything they said was Hysterical. I LOVED IT! My first blog was witty & subversive & FUN! FUN! FUN! for all you Independent/Right leaning folks, who can't laugh at Palin in her Vampira outfit talking about Cap & Trade and Iran?! It was so 'I Vant to zuck your blood Ahmahdinejad.' I was on the floor watching the entire thing. Can I say Vampira & Fun in the same paragraph? Twilight anyone? Okay, that was a stretch.

Yet after I re-read these quotes below tonight. I realized why I truly started this Blog. I started it for me. I needed an outlet to blow-off steam, a hurt that has been building-up for 30+ years. I need this outlet. I can no longer hold my anger and sometimes hate in, true hate. The hate inside is killing me. It has damaged my friendships. It even handicaps my best relationship with my one TRUE LOVE Michael. This hate disables me in the worst of ways. I'm tired of feeling like this. That is why this blog is here.

With that said here are Michele Bachmann's Quotes from one speech in 2004 about "The Gay Issue":

“If you’re involved in the gay and lesbian lifestyle, it’s bondage. It is personal bondage, personal despair and personal enslavement.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.

On her March 2004 rally against same-sex marriage: “And I want to tell you, that was probably the most loving, warm-spirited, most beautiful rally that I have ever seen at the Capitol.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.

“They aren’t just kind of gay-friendly, they are gay advocates at Proctor and Gamble… Here’s just a few other companies that support the pro-homosexual agenda. They include Levi-Strauss, American Airlines, Sarah Lee Bakery, Jaguar and LandRover.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.

“You have a teacher talking about his gayness. (The elementary school student) goes home then and says “Mom! What’s gayness? We had a teacher talking about this today.” The mother says “Well, that’s when a man likes other men, and they don’t like girls.” The boy’s eight. He’s thinking, “Hmm. I don’t like girls. I like boys. Maybe I’m gay.” And you think, “Oh, that’s, that’s way out there. The kid isn’t gonna think that.” Are you kidding? That happens all the time. You don’t think that this is intentional, the message that’s being given to these kids? That’s child abuse.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.

On homosexuality as a mental disorder: “Don’t misunderstand. I am not here bashing people who are homosexuals, who are lesbians, who are bisexual, who are transgender. We need to have profound compassion for people who are dealing with the very real issue of sexual dysfunction in their life and sexual identity disorders.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.


There are 17 more from that speech. However, as inane and horrendous as those are this ditty from her May 12 2005 Morning Zoo Radio show appearance is the one that hurts the most.

Interviewer: “Answer the question, do you hate homos?” MB: “No, but ask my kids! (laughter)” — Senator Michele Bachmann, Tom Barnard Morning Show, KQRS, broadcast May 12, 2005.

I titled this Blog 'Politics & the Ragged Tiger' Politics for obvious reasons and the Ragged Tiger is everything else that gets pushed into the political saw blades. At one time or another most groups of people has been through the mill. Some still are. African Americans -Women -Homosexuals. All the sub-groups are still discriminated against. Yet all but one of those groups are still considered unequal in the eyes of the law.

Michele Bachmann, what a hero. A true Patriot. She will be voted back into the House this Nov. She will. It should disturb you that she will be re-elected. I will update MB's comment's weekly. Hey, we're only on '04-'05.

I am so glad I started this thing. I can not tell you how happy I am right now. I really am.

Tuning Out is not an option anymore.

TUNE IN,
Law

2 comments: